Currently you can see my writing featured in:
It Gets Better: Coming Out, Overcoming Bullying, and Creating a Life Worth Living (edited by Dan Savage and Terry Miller) – Late last year I made a video contribution to Dan Savage’s It Gets Better Project. I was later approached by Dan and Terry via youtube asking if I wanted to share my story in the book version of It Gets Better. It comes out March 22, 2011.
Hawaii Women’s Journal – Contributing Writer. My article, “Are You There, Angst? It’s Me, Quarter-Life Crisis” was featured in their inaugural issue published in late February 2010. You can also download a PDF version of my piece here.
The final/anniversary issue of the Hawaii Women’s Journal was just released and I’m grateful they included my Creative Non-Fiction piece, “Dear Hawaii: It’s Not Me, It’s You.” You can download a PDF version of my piece here.
NOTE: You can now buy your copy of Bamboo Ridge’s 100th Anniversary Issue [here].
I am also a four-time Bamboo Ridge Short-Short Story Online contest winner (links to entries are listed below).
Below is a listing of recent writing awards:
- Kawakami Delicatessen’s Smallest Helper | 2011 Bamboo Ridge September Short-Short Story Contest Winner
- I Don’t Tell Her | 2011 Bamboo Ridge July Short-Short Story Contest Winner
- Numba One | 2011 Bamboo Ridge January Short-Short Story Contest Winner
- For Keeps | 2010 Bamboo Ridge December Short-Short Story Contest Winner
- Ghost | 2010 Bamboo Ridge November Short-Short Story Contest Winner
- 2007 InnermoonLit Award for Best First Chapter of a Novel 2nd Place
- 2007 Fred Flare’s “The Write Stuff” Writing Contest Winner
- 2005 Leeward Community College Harvest Magazine 1st Place in Poetry
- 2005 Leeward Community College Harvest Magazine Honorable Mention in Poetry